Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gallipoli-Battlefields Tour

Gallipoli in WW1

Day Three

Today I got up early to go on a tour, so I threw on whatever was near my hand. When I got to Acelya's place, she looked surprised and asked why I was wear those cloths. Looking down, I checked my outfit; nothing too bad, just a tank top and some shorts. After making me change into one of her dresses, she said, "you need [to]  dress more conservatively in my country." She told me women shouldn't dress provacitively in Turkey, for their own safety (turkeyforyou.com).

We made it to Gallipoli just as the guide was starting. He said that it was a major battle in WW1, between the Ottoman Empire(turkey) and the Triple Entente(Britain, France, and Russia.) After touring the grounds, I went to pay myrespects to the fallen soldirs at Anzac Cove, which is a tribute spot to Australian and New Zealand soldiers who were trying to help the Allied powers (turkeyforyou.com).

Woo, i'm pooped, I hope tomorrow is more relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment