Wednesday, May 13, 2009



Day One
Ah, my first day in Canakkale, Turkey. I am soooo glad that my flight is over.  The city is bigger than I imagined it would be. I checked into the Kolin Hotel and got my rental car. Now off to find a translater/guide since I can't speak Türkçe, which is their language(wiki).

Now I finally have an interpreter, her name is Acelya Benefse, and I met her while shopping in the marketplace. You see I always like to go shoppingon the first day so I can get my bearings in the city. And I was resting my aching feet and people kept asking me if I needed a ride. Turkish hospitality is legendary (wiki). Acelya tells me that the Turkish currency, the Lira, is worth .55 USD (wiki). 

Acelya and I topped off the day with a trip to a traditional Turkish bath, which is much like ancient Roman bath mixed with a day spa. Almost everywhere you go in Turkey, you can find a Turkish bath (wiki). Ahh, so relaxing. Here comes a massuse, gotta go, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment